Hard Drive and Media Destruction
Protect your business by ensuring that the sensitive data stored on your discarded hard drives can never be accessed. Reformatting or electronically erasing a hard drive is not enough because important financial records, confidential employee information, and internal documents can still be retrieved. Corodata provides physical hard drive and media destruction, both onsite and offsite, which is the only way to completely remove all traces of data from a hard drive and any type of media.
That’s how much it can cost for each violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Imagine if one case note is left accidentally in your office break room by a medical assistant trusted with its descruction.
That’s the penalty for each violation of the Graham-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), regardless if you’re a local credit union or nationally-known institutional investor.
1. Talk to a Media Destruction ExpertA Corodata specialist will work with you to review your situation and guide you to the method of destruction that is best for your business.
2. Schedule Your Media Destruction ServiceA Corodata driver will arrive at your facility and safely destroy or remove your media for professional destruction. Electronic media includes:
- Hard Drives
- Back Up Magnetic Tapes
- Floppy and Zip Discs
- USB Drives
3. Recycle the RestCorodata’s green initiative ensures that all remaining scraps are recycled and that those confidential materials will be handled safely and securely.
4. Receive Certification of Media DestructionYou’ll receive a certificate of destruction from our easy to use web portal, which serves as proof of compliance in any audit or lawsuit.
Corodata is committed to preserving the confidentiality of your information during every step of the destruction process. Our trained mobile shredding technicians adhere to strict procedures to ensure the highest level of privacy protection. We surpass industry hiring-standards through stringent background checks and drug screening to make certain your media is securely handled and continuously safeguarded.
Corodata has also implemented the following for additional client protection:
- GPS-tracked mobile shredding vehicles
- Enhanced chain of custody protocol
- Data destruction best practices